Saturday, August 30, 2014

Finally!

 
Good Evening Everyone!
 
 
Today my daughters and I attended my sister-in-law's baby shower. She has 4 weeks to go before she meets her new baby boy :). I have been waiting for over a month to give her this keepsake that I made for her. Now that I have, I can finally share it with you all, as well (warning: this post is picture heavy lol).
 
First, the card.
I used pale yellow and pale grey - the colors she has chosen for the baby's nursery. I used 'Sleepy Fairy' from Mo's Digital pencil. I LOVE this image. It is just so sweet. I colored it with Copics and layered him.
 
Here is a closer look:
 
And now the keepsake.
I have seen things like this online for quite some time and I just love them. I was thrilled to finally have a reason to attempt to make one. I searched the internet for patterns and I did find a few different types. In the end, I decided to use the crib that was in the Silhouette market and make the display box myself. It took a few attempts to get it the way I wanted.  
 
Here it is:
 


I couldn't just put the crib in the box, the way I had originally intended. I decided it needed a window. After the window, I decided it needed a wall decoration. I wanted to put his name on it somehow, somewhere. I thought about putting it on the crib. Then I thought the outside of the box would be better. In the end, the wall plaque seemed like the best place to incorporate it.
 
Can you see the baby in there?
 
*
*
*
*
*
*
 

 I planned on just sculpting a little baby's head and putting it on a simple ball of flesh colored clay since the baby was going to be wrapped in a blanket. My daughter Jordan kept telling me I wouldn't be able to do it. Of course she was right (she knows me well).  Here is the baby, arms, legs and belly button present:
 
He is made from Polymer Clay  and measures 1 1/2" long. Whew, that was tricky!
 
There you have it, Ladies. I hope you enjoyed looking. I don't say this often, but  I was very pleased with how this turned out :). I really hope my sister-in-law is pleased with it as well ;).
 
Take Care everyone,
Christine xoxo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my lovely friend I'm so pleased you've finally been able to show your fabulous, wonderful, fantastic, beautiful, gorgeous creation at last. Even I was excited for you. It is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I'm sure your SIL loved it. Loads of love Lea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning what more can I say, just a wonderful work you have made here. Your sister must have been so happy for it. I guess your gift was the best .

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is AWESOME! I love the gorgeous card and fabulous cot and display box. I am sure she absolutely loved it!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Website Is Nice And Informative. Please Keep Continue Such Kind Of Good Effort. If you want to see
    watch Most Expensive Hollywood Movies
    Most Beautiful Female Singers American Actress
    Most Hottest Hollywood Actresses In USA
    Alexandra Daddario Hot Photoshoot superb
    Funny Pictures with Double Meaning you much watch
    Funny Hindi Abusing Sentences (Gaaliyan) Boys Always use these gaaliya
    Top Male Bollywood Dancers All time.
    Than Plz Visit our website: https://funlover27.blogspot.com
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete