Monday, June 2, 2014

MIA

Good Morning Ladies!
 
 
Wow, it's been awhile since I have blogged! That would be because it's been awhile since I have made an entire card! I know quite a few of you understand when I say I have lost my mojo. I hate it!! Every morning I wake up wanting to go into my craft room but it just isn't happening. I have been busy coloring, though! I have colored and done paper piecing pretty much every day. So when I can get my mojo back, I will be well prepared :).
 
Onto my card. My daughter comes to me yesterday morning and tells me she has a birthday party this afternoon and needs a card. REALLY?! I had my 2 year old nephew here for the weekend, and I was given tickets to the Scrapbooking and Rubber Stamp convention in Syracuse for today, which was almost 2 hours away (that was a fun time!) so I had to get the card done last night, from start to finish. My plan was to color an image and stick it on a card. That did not happen.
 
 
As you can see I used Some Odd Girl's Puppy Gwen. This is the first African American girl I have had the opportunity to color, and I loved getting the chance to try out different skin tones for a change. I was happy with how she turned out :). I did do a clean and simple card, but I recently purchased a tube of  Pinflair glue (thank you Lea for tracking down a seller that ships to the US for me!) and I am now obsessed with doing paper piecing. I love giving my images that 3D affect. I actually don't even want to color an image unless I can make something on it pop lol. 
 
Here is a closer look:
 

Hopefully you can see that I popped quite a bit of her. I could have done more - much more lol - but I had to stop myself. My daughter picked the image, the color combo for her outfit, and the papers. I think she did a pretty good job with coordinating :). 
 
Well that's all for now. I will be back in a couple of days with another card - mojo or not, my son is turning 16 on Wednesday so I WILL be back!
 
Until then, have a great day!
Christine

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I know exactly what you mean about missing mojo Christine!! Mine has gone AWOl and unfortunately I should have posted a DT card yesterday. I'm doing my best today, but it's hard going!! You have done a great job colouring the skin tones on your image. Your daughter is obviously going to follow in your footsteps. Hope your mojo comes back soon! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Christine. I so wish I had your colouring skills. Unfortunately I haven't!!! I love the colours chosen and the image is gorgeous. Another great make
    Loads of love Lea xxx
    Ps it was nothing with the Pinflair - anytime :) x

    ReplyDelete