Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A birthday card and a new pet lizard!

 
Hello Everyone!
 
Today my son turned 16. 16! I still can not understand where those years went.
We have a fairly new tradition in our house. For the past few years instead of having
a big birthday party, I take my kids out for the day to pick out their gifts and then we go to lunch or dinner. So this year my son CJ decided he wanted a Bearded Dragon. He has talked about it for quite a while now. Well, I finally gave in.
 
Meet Charlie
 
We now have a very happy 16 year old boy :)
 
Now for CJ's birthday card. I made this one VERY clean and simple because, well, you know, he isn't a "little kid" anymore ;).
 I used Skateboard Tobie from SOG.

 
I colored him with Copics - I really like purple and yellow together. And CJ likes purple too.
  I couldn't resist making this guy 3D, though. I wish it showed up better in my picture! I popped out his wind blown hair, His pants and skateboard, and then his left hand and the top wheels of the board.
 
 
I want to share the card I made for him on his 14th birthday. It's not a great picture, but he is so proud of  this card and the fact that he still has it and it is in "perfect condition". He brought it down this morning to show me that he still has it :).
The image is Saturated Canary, but I don't remember the actual name of the stamp as I have had it for quite a long time.
 
As you see, it's purple :).
 
So that's it for today.
 
Have a great evening,
Christine
 

1 comment:

  1. Right I'll try again - I lost my first comment. Now where was I? It went something like - eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkk! Good job you know me and my aversion to anything not human (mind you there's a few of them I'd pass on). Anyway your card is fabulous. I do wish you lived near me. You could show me how to colour properly. And we could craft together :( you need to keep your creations coming dear. Take care love you loads xxx

    ReplyDelete