Sunday, February 9, 2014

   Good morning and Welcome to my very first blog and very first blog post! If I'm going to be honest, this is a little nerve-racking! I've never been really great with sharing. but I have realized that I need to find something to do for me. I have 4 children, 3 of which are still at home, so most of my time is wrapped up in them (as I feel it should be) and of course my very understanding hubby.
  Over the past 13 years I have played with jewelry making. I have played with polymer clay. I have played with different styles of painting. Unfortunately, Arthritis in my hands has made some of these very hard to do! The last couple years I have been focused on card making. I love it. I love coloring. I always have. My favorite coloring medium is Copics. I love Magnolia stamps and Saturated Canary stamps and digis. I always tell my husband they are a grown ups version of coloring books and crayons lol!
    I am always nervous to share what I make with people outside of my family and close friends, so this is kind of a big deal for me, but here goes! Please excuse the photography. I still haven't figured out how to take a "good" picture. If I manage to keep this blog going, I promise I will learn lol!



 

So here she is. I made this as a gift for my sister for Christmas. It's a shaker tree ornament. I used one of my fav Magnolia images (I'm sorry, I don't know her name. I guess I need to learn to keep track of that too lol but she's popular since I see her all over blog land!). This is also the first time I have colored in all black and white - copics of course. I was happy with how she turned out. I antiqued it up a bit. Or is it called shabby now?

         So this is where I will leave you. Thanks for looking. I should be back tomorrow with another project I have been procrastinating to wrap up. Now that I said it, maybe it will push me to actually finish it!
                                                           Have a great afternoon!
 
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment