Monday, February 17, 2014

Trying something new

 
Good Morning Ladies.
 
I don't know about all of you, but I am more than ready for some warm weather! I love the snow - from inside my house! I absolutely despise going out on bitter cold days. Thankfully, I have a hubby that doesn't mind running the kids to school, and going to the grocery store on these cold, yucky days. Or any other day!  I admit to you  (but not to him ;) ) that I may be a tiny bit spoiled.
 
Okay, moving onto what's on my mind today - coloring!
 
As far as crafting goes, I think I have tried just about everything I have found interesting. Some I can do, some - not so much. I have done beading. I have done Polymer clay. I have done Donna Dewberry's One Stroke Painting (I even taught a class at my local craft store). I have tried Bob Ross's oil painting. I have tried Quilling, Embroidery, sewing and crocheting. I'm sure I am forgetting some. I think I will dedicate one of my posts to some of my past projects. My point is, if I see something fun, or love the way a project looks, I get it in my head that I have to try it. And I do.
But coloring goes back to childhood, like for most of us, and it's always been my favorite past time.
 
I always color my images with Copics. ALWAYS. But I love the look of the distress marker coloring I see in blog land (you ladies are amazing at coloring). As always, the more I see it, the more I want to try it.
 
I already have a plentiful supply of Copics.
 
 
(Another little issue I have - when I try these new things, I have to have EVERYTHING I might possibly need to try out a project.)
Now I am itching to try Distress coloring. I've watched some videos on this and it seems very similar to water coloring, which I have also tried, and I wasn't very good at it! But those markers keep calling to me.
So, as always, I had to have them. I spent an afternoon going to all my local craft stores and buying all the colors I could find. If I couldn't find the color in the markers, I got the ink pad.
(Come on, someone else out there has to have this issue as well. It can't possibly be just me!!)
 
Here is what I came home with:
 

And of course, the water color paper and Staze on ink pad as well!
So now I'm ready to try this new technique. Hopefully it wont be a complete fail.
I'm excited to get started. I will post my attempt tomorrow - good or bad. I'm hoping for at least
mediocre!
 
Have a wonderful day!
 
Christine
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment