Friday, February 21, 2014

Just Jump in!

 
Good Morning All!
 
I'm excited - and scared - BUT...
Today I am entering my very first challenge ever.
I'm not entering to win (although of course, who wouldn't love to win!?).
I'm entering to help push me through this fear I have about putting my creations out there
for anyone and everyone in the world to possibly see.
I don't know if this is a normal fear. But for me, I have always been this way. No matter what craft I have tried. The funny thing is, I don't do it for anyone but me. So if someone doesn't like what I create - oh well. So why this fear?? It really is rather irrational lol. So I'm jumping in and entering 2 Challenges. 
I will be entering:
and
 
 
For my card I used Hip Hip Hooray Tilda, colored in Copics.
She's mounted on Spellbinders Labels 22 and Decorative Labels 22.
I made the bow with my new Bow-it-All.
 
 
My card is clean and simple, as I still have not mastered the art of layering!
But For my first entry, I'm happy with it.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Christine
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,

    Love your card and I especially love the way you've colored your Tilda. I love black and cream - so tasteful! Thank you so much for entering your treasure into the Pretty in Pink Challenge at Magnolia-licious! Good luck to you!

    XO,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words. I truly appreciate them :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful image, and I love the ribbon and frameing. :)

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this is third time lucky I hope. I've typed a message already twice. I keep losing it. I have looked at your post Christine. I am like you , need a bit of reassurance about what is thought of my cards. Well I can tell you your cards and projects are fabulous. I got into cardmaking when I needed a diversion from the horrible fibromyalgia. It has been my lifesaver. I've had fibro about five years and found crafting two years ago. I started my blog www.cardsbybrawny.blogspot.co.uk a year ago this week like you to get some opinions on my work. I only really worry now when I do a card as an order - what would I do if someone said 'I don't like it'. I wish you all the best in the challenge. I do them occasionally if they fit the bill. I don't make them deliberately to fit a topic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ps you have no button for people to 'follow' you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. Crafting truly is a distraction from this horrible fibromyalgia. It's nice to know I have a kindred spirit out there! If you could give me an idea on how to add a follow button, it would be GREATLY appreciated lol. I am still very clueless with this blog!
      Thank you again. I'm headed to check out your blog now :)

      Delete